Allan Marshall & Associates, Inc. Licensed Insolvency Trustee Office in Vancouver, BC
How to Get Out of Debt in Vancouver, BC
1090 Homer St Suite 300
Vancouver, BC V6B 2W9, Canada
Monday – Saturday, 9am – 9pm
By appointment only
|Phones are answered Mon-Sat to book both in-person & telephone appointments:|
1-888-371-8900 Toll Free
We are located in the Regus Business Center, Suite 300 at Yaletown.
Get Help Today
Book a risk-free 30-minute call with one of our experts to discuss your needs.
How Can a Licensed Insolvency Trustee Help?
A Licensed Insolvency Trustee is a federally regulated professional who can provide a wide range of debt help solutions in Vancouver. When you meet with an LIT for the first time, they will assess your debt situation, explain what debt relief options are available, and help you make an informed decision about which solution is right for you.
Debt Services Vancouver
Licensed Insolvency Trustees are the only professionals in Canada authorized to administer government-regulated debt relief programs, such as Consumer Proposals and Bankruptcies. These programs help to eliminate some of your unsecured debts.
The main debt services offered by LIT’s include:
In a credit counselling session, your LIT can help you understand the root of your debt issues. They can also work with you to create a tailored program to improve your financial knowledge and skills. For instance, your LIT might work with you to create a budget that you can use to help you pay off your debt.
A Consumer Proposal is a legal process that can only be administered by an LIT. During the Proposal process, you and your LIT work together to create an offer to pay your creditors a percentage of your debt, extend the time you have to pay, or both. The maximum time you have to complete the terms of your Proposal is five years. The benefit of a Consumer Proposal over filing for Bankruptcy is you don’t have to sell your assets.
Personal Bankruptcy might be your only option if you’re dealing with crippling debt and do not qualify for a Consumer Proposal. While most people consider filing for Bankruptcy as the worst case scenario, the purpose is not to punish – It’s to provide a fresh start and a second chance. Bankruptcy can also relieve a lot of debt-related stress. As soon as you declare Bankruptcy any credit lawsuits against you will stop, as well as any wage garnishment or collection calls.
Why Work With a Licensed Insolvency Trustee?
If you’re ready to find debt relief in Vancouver, but you’re questioning whether or not you should reach out to a Licensed Insolvency Trustee, consider the following benefits:
- Wide range of options: LITs can offer the widest range of debt solutions in Vancouver, including Consumer Proposals and Bankruptcies. If you are dealing with a significant amount of debt, these might be the best options for you.
- Supportive: When you work with an LIT, you can breathe a sigh of relief. You no longer have to navigate debt repayment alone. Your LIT will deal with your creditors on your behalf and walk you through every step of the process.
- Highly qualified: When you work with an LIT, you can feel confident in your decision. All LITs have to demonstrate they have the necessary skills, knowledge, and experience before they are granted a license from the Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy (OSB).
- Ethical: All LITs must adhere to federal standard of practice which includes a Code of Ethics for Trustees. This code outlines everything from the information LITs must provide to creditors to how they can advertise their services.
- Federally regulated fees: When you work with an LIT, you never have to question if you are paying too much for their services. All LIT fees are federally regulated by the OSB. As a bonus, your initial consultation with an LIT is always free.
Debt Relief Vancouver: With Allan Marshall & Associates Licensed Insolvency Trustee
If you’re seeking financial aid in Vancouver, contact a Licensed Insolvency Trustee at Allan Marshall & Associates. We’ve been helping Canadians like you recover from debt for over forty years. Whether you’re interested in credit counselling, a Consumer Proposal, or Personal Bankruptcy, we are here to help.